Sunday, October 03, 2010

Flintshire 10k

Race: Flintshire 10k
Time/Position: 35:28 (5th from 324 [1st V40])

Well down on my Cardiff time, but this was a strange race which reminded me of the Gamelin fell race last June in that I ran most of it on my own - which has an inevitable effect on motivation levels! I moved into fifth as we started up the hill in heavy rain, and quite quickly pulled out a gap. But there was no way I could catch the much better runner in fourth, so I concentrated on keeping a decent pace going. There was nobody in front or behind, and I stayed relatively comfortable throughout. As a result, it was all rather enjoyable and I was glad I'd chosen this rather than any of the other races taking place on the same day. After the finish, I jogged back round to run the last 3k with Kate. Ended up with three trophies at the prize giving (5th, 1st V40, 2nd team): a bit of a contrast to missing third place by tiny margins in my last two races!

No comments: