Sunday, November 14, 2010

Capenhurst Border League

Race: Capenhurst 5.5m (border league race 2)
Time/Position: 30:44 (19th from 307 [5th V40])

Although a couple of places down on the first race this season, I was reasonably pleased with this effort. I needed a top 20 place, because I will miss the next race in December and have to wait until February for round four, so it was important to get a decent position here given how competitive the category is looking. Went off pretty fast and I never really felt comfortable, struggling to maintain the pace even before the second lap. It's a familiar course, though, and I knew I could keep it going on the second lap if necessary! Felt like a strong field, particularly in my category, with the time perhaps just equating to sub-28m 5 mile.

No comments: