Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rhug Cross Country

Race: North Wales XC Championships, Rhug (11k)
Time/Position: 41:13 (11th from 60 [3rd Veteran])

Not a discipline I often indulge in, but I thought I'd give the championships a bash having yet again missed all the cross-country league fixtures this year. As a result, this rather pedestrian performance was about as much as could be expected. The Senior Male race attracted a small but strong field and I lost contact with the leaders almost immediately. That said, the course was steep in places, and scenic (perfect cold, sunny weather), and the field settled into their places quite early so some sort of rhythm was possible on the long flattish sections. Two stream crossings and a quagmire kept things interesting for the three long laps of the Rhug country estate near Corwen. I picked up a trophy for third veteran overall, and Buckley got Silver medals in the team and vet team competition.

No comments: