Thursday, July 05, 2012

Deestriders Off Road race

Race: Deestriders Off-Road Grand Prix Race 2 (5.6m)
Time/Position: 35.59 (8th from 92 [3rd V40])
A rather confusing series of cross-country loops around the no-man's land between Shotton and the Dee. I really struggled to hold any kind of pace this evening, and had no real idea where I was in relation to the rest of the race as we seemed to do one too many laps at the far end of the course. I've never indulged in this long-established local evening series before, partly because it's not the most appealing locale, but it does make for a good speed session. One big loop along the Dee was followed by a shorter series of wooded loops with sharp XC turns and little banks and hills. Then a long loop back towards Chester through a bog. Not exactly my cup of tea, and I lost several places in the last mile or two. Very humid throughout, or maybe that was just me struggling with the pace!

No comments: