Sunday, February 03, 2013

Anglesey Border League

Race: Ty Croes 5m (Border League race 5)
Time/Position: 27:58 (12th from 202 [3rd V40])
Although this is pushing it a bit for a 'border' location, it was a cracking venue for a race and a great addition to the existing league fixtures. I don't know the first thing about motorsport, but the Ty Croes race track seemed remarkably professional, with a wonderful slick surface that might have been designed for fast running (it presumably was designed for fast driving). After the first short lap, we embarked on two longer laps of the full circuit, which were surprisingly hilly, with great views out over the sea and Llyn: a bit like those you get when climbing at Rhoscolyn. The wind wasn't too bad, just a stiff breeze really, despite the exposed position, and I concentrated on moving up between small groups where possible. I seemed to have timed the race just right, as I moved into tenth place on the final corner then began to pull away into the teeth of the wind. Or so I thought. Actually, the two lads I'd gone past suddenly sprinted back in the last 50m, and with them went the chance of a top ten finish (which I've never managed in 40 BL races!) Really enjoyed the race, though, well worth the drive out.

No comments: