Sunday, January 11, 2015

Birkenhead border league

Race: Birkenhead 5.6m (Border League race 3)
Time/Position: 31.25 (15th from 314)
I had thought this was to be my 50th Border League appearance, but after checking (I am sad enough to have a record) I realised that I had already passed that milestone at Tattenhall last month. So this was Border League race 51. I quite like this circuit, despite the fact that it is just four longish laps. The park is nice and there are lots of twists and turns: you can gauge your effort against the rest of the field quite effectively. That said, I was a few seconds down on previous outings (at least six) over the course, although I felt I ran reasonably well and am close to my quickest intervals times at present. A bit of a headwind at times may have been to blame. I moved through the field and caught Jez on the third lap: he was strong however and stayed ahead on the final lap, as did two others. Buckley still lead the Veterans table, but have slipped to third overall.

No comments: