Saturday, January 17, 2015

Twin Piers 10k

Race: Twin Piers 10k
Time/Position: 35.22 (9th from 390)
My quickest 10k time for at least two years, and just over a minute slower than my PB - set on this course in 2011. Recent intervals and border league outings have gone reasonably well, so I was targeting sub-36. There was a slight tailwind, which helped a bit for the first 2k along the prom. I climbed over the Little Orme fairly efficiently, closing a few gaps with the groups in front. Then comes the loop through the estate in Rhos on Sea before rejoining the prom for the final 4k blast to Colwyn Bay pier. Welcome support from the family, but I couldn't quite close the gap with two runners immediately in front and finished outside the category prizes for the first time ever on this race. This is definitely my favourite road 10k; perhaps my 6th time at the event.

No comments: