Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wrexham border league

Race: Wrexham 4m+ (Border League race 7)
Time/Position: 22.32 (18th from 268)
Five weeks since my last race, with little or no speed training, so I was quite concerned about whether I could maintain any kind of pace tonight. I'd also been suffering from a bit of jet lag since coming back from Japan, but last night slept solidly for the first time so had few excuses. I had a flier on this course two years ago - and was unsurprisingly over half a minute down on that time tonight. Nevertheless, I felt quite good: starting very conservatively, worried I might blow at any moment, but then gaining some confidence and picking up the pace for a decent last two miles. Finished second V40 for the season, for the third or fourth (and final, before moving up a category) time! More importantly, Buckley won the Veterans trophy after coming in to this final race with a very slender lead over Wallasey (and we finished 3rd in Division 1, same as last season).

No comments: