Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Wirral Multi-Terrain Series, Thurstaston

Race: Wirral MT Series, Race 2 (Thurstaston Beach)
Time/Position: 30.01 (14th from 236 [3rd V45])
Having thoroughly enjoyed this series last year, and having won my category, I was keen to give the races another go this year. But circumstances look like preventing me completing the series: indeed I was in Austria for the first race last week. As a result, I just treated this race as a speed session and wasn't too disappointed with a time well over half a minute down on last year. I struggled a bit with the pace, as I expected to, but just about held on for the second lap along the beach. The sand seemed softer than last year, with more boulders, but perhaps it just seemed that way! A great combination of cycle tracks and beach running, with oystercatchers and curlews a nice accompaniment.

No comments: