Saturday, May 13, 2017

Wepre Parkrun

"Race": Wepre Parkrun (5k)
Time/Position: 19.31 (3rd from 195)
This special occasion marked a year since the start of the Wepre Parkrun, and an appeal had been made for a big turnout from Buckley. I did it for the first time since the pre-Christmas event and noticed that Dave from Chester had taken the V45 record I set that day, so thought I should at least try to get it back. With some irony, I finished 14 seconds inside Dave's age group record but was beaten by none other than Dave himself! He finished 9 seconds ahead of me, so still has the age group record for the course. The young winner was well out in front, so it was good to have the competition and made for an unexpectedly intense speed session. It is supposedly one of the toughest Parkruns in the UK, with two sharp climbs on both laps and lots of twists and turns.

No comments: