Sunday, June 24, 2018

Moel y Gamelin fell race

Race: Moel y Gamelin (10m/3000ft)
Time/Position: 1.27.57 (8th from 83)
Not sure how many times I have done this race (7 or 8) but I am almost certain this was my slowest ever. I didn't feel too bad after Friday's race, although that might have been something to do with the gentle pace. It was hot, but not as bad as I'd expected and not as bad as I have known it (the far side of the race on the northern slopes of Gamelin can be like a furnace, but today we had a slight breeze). Beautiful clarity of light as the wonderful spell of weather continues, and actually an enjoyable outing (again, probably due to the slow pace). Very steady over the ridge to Gamelin and Morfydd, then I began to pick up a few places, feeling quite good. Myself, Simon and Richard were together for a while at the far end of the course in the wild country above Carrog. I managed to keep things ticking over for the return but was a tad dehydrated for the always-desperate climb back over Gamelin.

No comments: