Friday, June 22, 2018

Tattenhall Tough Team

Race: Tattenhall Tough Team
Time/Position: 64.16 (14th from 221)
Pressure was on for the TTT this year: one of my favourite local races, but as a team event it is always likely to expose a lack of speed. In the event, I was nearly five minutes down on my best time for the course but middle finisher for our team ('the good, the bad and the ugly'), sandwiched between in-form clubmates Chris and Eddie. I felt a little better than expected for the long road section up to the Peckforton Hills, in glorious evening sunshine. Very dry underfoot for the off-road section, with the usual horrendous climb up the infamous 'railway'. Chris and I reconvened with Eddie at the top of the Railway, as is conventional, but I found the rest of the race hard going and dropped a few places. Perhaps the sixth time I've done this great team event.

No comments: