Friday, June 01, 2018

Sron Garbh run

It had been my intention to break the long drive to Skye with a run over some Southern Highlands peaks. But after a late breakfast in Moffat, and lunch on the shores of of Loch Lomond, slow moving showers came in as I set out up An Caisteal from the layby south of Crianlarich. The cloudbase was quite high, so I kept running - torn between wanting to do something and wanting to save energy for Skye. The rain became a bit more steady as I left the path for the steep climb up the nose of Sron Garbh, obvious from the main road. As I crested the ridge to get a view of Twistin Hill and An Caisteal, there was a clap of thunder. A good sign, I thought, and turned round for a running descent back to the car. Still, a nice way to stretch the legs and bonus energy saved to spend over the next few days.

No comments: