Sunday, March 31, 2019

Hope border league

Race: Hope 5m (Border League race 6)
Time/Position: 30.50 (66th from 327)
The first time in 80 or so league fixtures that I've been able to run to the start from my front door (although I have jogged back from a few). A new course, measured five miles, around roads I know well (but do not generally run on, as they are a bit too busy for me). After a delayed start from Rhos Estyn lane outside Hope, we headed downhill towards Kinnerton, leaving the main road for Bramley Lane then back via the sharp climb up Barrack's Lane. Inevitably, my three seven hour days in the mountains of Tenerife began to bite on the climb, feeling very tired, but I tried to stick with a small group and it went reasonably well by the embarrassing standards of this season - although I was passed by 4 or 5 in the last few metres. A nice relaxing warm-down jog along Sandy Lane in warm spring sunshine, back to my front door.

No comments: