Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Wirral MT Series, Thurstaston

Race: Wirral Multi-Terrain Series (Race 2: Thurstaston 5m)
Time/Position: 30.30 (28th from 245)
Exactly the same position as last week although I felt a little better for this race, which is possibly my favourite of the four Wirral fixtures. It is another two-lap affair, dropping down to the beach with its big skies and views across the estuary. On the first lap, I tripped on an errant boulder, of which there are a few, cutting my knee. This knocked me back temporarily, but as the field opened out I began to pick up a few places and sustained the same modest speed on the second lap. The run-in along the cycle track always takes much longer than you might reasonably expect, and the finish is now next to the visitor centre up a little hill.

No comments: