Sunday, December 26, 2021

Round the Walls

Race: Round the Walls
Time/Position: 24.20 (22nd from 407 [2nd V50])
One of the races I have done most often over the years (well over 10 times) so it was a relief to be released from covid isolation and feeling reasonably well in time for it (particularly after its covid cancellation last year). That said, I wasn't quite 100% so wasn't too surprised to find myself slowing after a fast Roodee circuit: the gentle climb to Northgate felt unusually hard and I felt a definite lack of speed and sharpness. The walls are now open in their entirety for the first time in many years, and the racing is always brilliant along them and under the Eastgate clock. Wet weather today also had a role in the slower times. I lost some ground on the Roodee bike path sadly, and finished in my worst position for years at this race.

No comments: