Thursday, July 27, 2023

Yr Wyddfa

Peaks: Yr Wyddfa
Area: Snowdon, Eryri
After the race shortening last month, I came back for a rare outing on my least favourite route up Snowdon. The weather was grim, yet again (an awful spell of summer weather), but not as bad as it had been on race day. Cloudbase: just above Llanberis, although it did slowly lift. Sadly, I found that I was still suffering on the hills - I just seem unable to keep any kind of pace ticking over on longer hills. As a result, I basically walked to halfway house, then tried to up the pace for Allt Moses. This went well to the tunnel at Clogwyn, but then I slowed dramatically for the rest of the route to the summit. Weather was poor throughout, very wet initially. I tried to match old times back down to halfway house (and failed) and then walked back to Llanberis. How I ran 1.21 on the race in 2011 is completely beyond me.

No comments: