Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Green grass fell race

Race: Green green grass of home, Llangynhafal (5.3m/480m)
Time/position: 49m
Another dreadful struggle, on a course I ran in 43 minutes the last time I did it in 2015 (after running to the start from Cilcain). I do wonder whether the route is slightly different, though, or the bracken far higher, as I'm not convinced this was 6-7 minutes slower! That said, I did feel Snowdon in my legs - I had predictably developed a dreadful case of the Doms after Saturday's descent. I could barely remember the course, which starts at the familiar place above Llangynhafal, but I went reasonably well up the track until it gave way to bracken. Then comes the very fast descent down the Clwydian hills route, before the wheels came off on the long climb back up to join OD on the ridge. I couldn't remember this at all - and found it hard, very overgrown and a real battle. I revived a little for the ridge and the Tir Gofal traverse, before slowing again over Moel Dywyll and the bracken descent back to the start.

No comments: