Saturday, July 29, 2023

Rhes y Cae 10k

Race: Rhes y Cae MT 10k
Time/Position: 38.31 (1st from 60)
A very rare overall win - only my 4th ever, excluding parkruns. Admittedly, this was a fairly informal affair, attached to a village show, but at my age I'll happily take it. More importantly, it was a great route, really varied and enjoyable. A young lad went off fast and I followed, down a long bridleway (Ffordd y Graig) which becomes a small road south of Lixwm. Some climbs led to Ysceifiog, then the run for home, north of Lixwm to pick up Ffordd y Bwlch back to the showground. Around 600ft of climbing, so it's never going to be a fast course, with perhaps a quarter of the route off-road down bridleways and paths. I led from around the first kilometre and was fairly pleased with my time in the circumstances - always quite memorable to cross the line first, despite the informality of the race! It worked well as a rural outing for Frances, particularly as we then did a circular route up Moel y Parc from Bodfari in weather reminiscent of April - bright and very breezy.

No comments: