Area: Haut Jura, France
The main Jura hills loomed above Mijoux, and although easier to access from the Faucille, it seemed rude not to get onto them from our accommodation. So Kate and I set out on a pleasant walk initially, for around 2k up the Sentier des Arts until Kate turned back and I broke into a gentle jog along the Route Royale to gain the col. From here the route to the mountains doubles back and becomes hard to follow, primarily because there are tracks, trails and paths everywhere. So choosing the right one was tricky although eventually I found my way up the Petit Montrond and then the main ridge path which continues all the way to Le Reculet and beyond. The route along the broad crest was superb, great views down to Geneva and across to Mont Blanc. From Grand Montrond I descended the Chemin d'Amont to the col then retraced steps back to our apartment just under two hours after leaving. Refuelled with Bleu du Gex crepes and a swim in the Lac du Lamoura.
No comments:
Post a Comment