Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Ponderosa

Race: Ponderosa hill race
Time/Position: 31.59 (16th from 73 [1st V55])
By far my slowest ever time at this event, but given that I'm only running a few miles a week and haven't raced properly since the Castles relay, I was pleased enough with this little outing. I felt it was short enough to run without harming my heel, although the race is mostly about the descent - and it is extremely dry as we are now officially in drought. I got to the top of Cyrn y Brain in a conservative 10 minutes or so and then got caught behind a group of three on the very narrow paths that characterise the long descent on this race. These are always exhilarating and I knew Simon would be close behind. He was, but I just about stayed ahead on the final climb back to the Ponderosa.

No comments: