A self-indulgent journal of pointless adventures in mountain sports and all forms of distance running and racing.
Thursday, July 02, 2026
Mijoux-Faucille-Geneva suburbs
Not the first time I have been up the Col de la Faucille - I think I also went up via the busy main road 15 years ago. It is a key pass linking the tranquil Jura with the much busier and more densely populated Geneva area. After checking in to our accommodation in Mijoux I had to engage in over 10k of frantic back-and-forth running to sort out a major logistical problem with the car hire caused by Geneva airport's border location! Eventually we worked it out and I drove the family over the col and down to Mijoux, meaning I had to pick the van up this morning from the French border town of Fernay-Voltaire. Luckily this was an easy and delightful ride in the morning sunshine. The climb from Mijoux take a quiet side road and only requires about 400m of elevation gain to the main road and fast riding to the col. Stunning view of Mont Blanc above Lake Geneva in perfect clarity before the superb descent (albeit with my usual damaging caution) down to Gex. After this a series of suburbs all the way to the border, all gently inclining downhill allowing for fast progress - 75 minutes from Mijoux to the van.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment