A self-indulgent journal of pointless adventures in mountain sports and all forms of distance running and racing.
Tuesday, July 07, 2026
Valserine ride
The Tour is coming down this valley in two weeks time, so I went for an early morning 45k pootle down the valley towards Valserhone. It really is a beautiful place, gently descending through Lelex to Chezery-Forens. The valley changes character from arable and partially wooded to something close to a gorge lower down, with waterfalls and the river quickening pace. At Chezery, I started the climb up to the Col du Menthieres, but quickly realised it would have taken too long so after steep initial slopes I turned off for Rosset and then climbed back up the valley. This is known as the Lelex Monts-Jura climb and it is pretty gentle but it does drag on, almost all the way back to Mijoux.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment