Friday, March 16, 2007

Penmaenbach Quarry

Another quick climbing trip this morning, using the shunt again. I visited Penmaenbach quarry, a bolted venue above the A55 which I've often looked at and pondered. The belays at the top weren't brilliant, so I just did the obvious groove line in the middle of the lower quarry. Not bad, more awkward than it first appears: probably about HS 4b, with some tricky bridging in places. I then did some good bouldering higher up, and climbed the free standing pinnacle via the longer easy 'arete'. A reasonable venue, might repay another visit, ideally with a partner. After this I did a short recovery run along Marine Drive. I've been feeling quite good this week, with a good 10 mile trip from the Nova in Prestatyn along to the Foryd in West Rhyl in steady rain. Enjoyable despite the squalour. All bodes well for this Sunday: the fifth border league fixture.

No comments: