Friday, March 09, 2007

Conwy Mountain shunted climbs

Experimented with my newly purchased Shunt on Conwy Mountain crag today: a clever piece of climbing equipment allowing for safe ascents of a fixed rope. I've climbed on this slabby 15m high crag before, and did eight routes at lunchtime today - including the delicate HS slab on the right with a nice crux at the top of the route (Oaklands 4C?). Felt good to be back on the rock, would really like to pick up the rock climbing this summer. Some bouldering as well, but this crag is too slabby to be much good as a workout, even for me. Running hasn't gone well since the Pipe Dream fell race. Did a tough intervals session with Buckley on Tuesday which seemed to exhaust me (in combination with the race) for the rest of the week. Also made my hamstring tweak a lot worse - I'll need to be cautious for a bit now, but with Moel Wnion race tomorrow that looks unlikely. Ran around the lanes and bridleways of Moel Maenefa (above Rhuallt) yesterday: found it tough going, legs felt the lead particularly on the climb back up Rhuallt hill on the old road.

No comments: