Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Dinas Bran fell race

Race: Ysgol Dinas Bran (4.3m/1250ft/AS)
Time/Position: 32:59 (4th from 52 [2nd V40])

If my records are correct, this was my 200th race. It was also my first ever 'fell race' eight years ago, although it is hardly typical of the genre. Given all the long slow runs last week in Scotland, and the fact that this race is pretty short and intense, it went a lot better than I'd expected. The very steep 'donkey track' leads from the school up to the contouring path, before the steep climb up to the castle itself. Neil and Jez were good targets up ahead, though very distant, and I gradually picked up a few places after a fast descent. The second climb back to the castle is always tough, so I chose to stride it then open up as best I could on the descent. A good revived event, really enjoyable. I picked up the V40 prize, although the winner was also in the category.

No comments: