Saturday, May 07, 2011

Llangynhafal Loop

Race: Llangynhafal Loop fell race (4.75m/1750ft/AS)
Time/Position: 45:52 (15th from 101)

The second Welsh champs race of the season, so it was a tad disappointing to feel under par for this fine race. Always an enjoyable outing, though, with a great friendly atmosphere, and I was all of 15 seconds quicker than last year. I may have been tired after recent events, as I certainly didn't feel as good as I did on Wednesday, particularly struggling on the descents. We had the novelty of some light rain before the start, which moistened the ground nicely for the fast initial sprint to Nant y Ne. I felt quite good on the gently rising climb to the gully, and kept my place over the misty summit before starting to lose ground on the ridge. Still conscious of my knee injury during steep descents (MRI scan this morning!) and also found the final sting in the tail worse than usual this year, as the bilberry plants were higher.

No comments: