Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Horseshoe Pass road ride

Road cycling: HK-Horseshoe Pass-Bwlchgwyn-HK
Distance: 37m

Really struggling with my recovery at present: I was still feeling the after-effects of Saturday's race on the long climb from home to the top of the Horseshoe, despite jogs on Sunday and Monday. That said, at least cycling felt more rewarding and worthwhile in these muscle-damaged circumstances, and I am very conscious that I need to start building at least some cycling mileage into my routine if I am to enjoy the classic Tour cols during our scheduled mini-trip in July. Started very early, and therefore avoided most of the traffic. A very strong headwind buffeted me all the way, making life tricky and tiresome. Returned via the fast road through Bwlchgwyn and over to Caergwrle.

No comments: