Sunday, April 01, 2012

Christleton border league

Race: Christleton 9k (Border League race 6)
Time/Position: 33:39 (36th from 256 [6th V40])

This was always going to be a little tiring, following yesterday's marathon, but since this season's final race also comes just after London I thought I might as well give it a bash. I tried to rationalise it as an energetic warm-down, justifiable given the snail's pace at which I competed in yesterday's event! The legs were inevitably rather sore for the first couple of miles, but I gradually began to feel better throughout the race and started to pick up a few places over the off road section and particularly during the final gentle climb back to Christleton. Finished 24 places down on race 5 at Mold, but still enjoyed the race in more beautiful weather.

No comments: