Sunday, March 10, 2013

Longer run

Yet another year in which I find it difficult to fit the marathon training around other, shorter races. As a a result, I really had to seize the opportunity for a longer one today, so left the house just after 7am for a reversal of one of my standard 20 milers (almost!). The reason for the reversal was an icy easterly, which I had no wish to run into from Queensferry to Handbridge! So I ran HK-Bretton-Saltney-Chester, then got on the Dee path and ran with a tailwind in snow showers all the way to the blue bridge in Queensferry. This is always psychologically demanding, but at least the snow was a novelty today - as was a tidal bore that charged down the Dee as I passed Saltney Ferry. The final leg up the hill to Hawarden and back was challenging, but in general I was very surprised to feel quite good throughout the run.

No comments: