Friday, April 25, 2014

Pot Hole climbing

Crag: Pot Hole Quarry
Routes: Tre Ffynnon (VS 4b:TR), Unaided (VS 4b:TR), Grizzly (VS 4c:TR), Major (HVS 5a:TR), Vetta (HVS 5a:TR), Ego Variant (E1 5b:TR)
First time on rock since September: a long lay-off even by my standards. This was a very brief evening workout at a venue I've been visiting for nearly a quarter of a century. Went up and down a few polished VS's on the right of the crag before dispatching old favourite Vetta at HVS in light drizzle. This got heavier as we tried to avoid the easier crack lines on neighbouring routes like Major (HVS) and Ego (E2?). Predictably, I felt weak throughout - although perhaps not quite as weak (or clumsy) as I had expected, reasonable footwork always helps at this venue. Steady rain then kicked in, so I got changed into running gear and ran from Cadole to Maeshafn and beyond, before joining the normal Friday night run up Moel Famau - 14 miles in total. Very wet.

No comments: