Monday, May 23, 2016

Dyffryn Mymbyr climbing

Crag: The Blocks, Dyffryn Mymbyr
Routes: Evan's Corner (VS 4b:sh), Slab and Crack (VD:sol)
Only a very brief climbing session, combined with some bouldering, in a tiny window between my post-work drive to Capel Curig and my evening run/camp on Siabod. Clogwyn Wen wasn't particularly suitable for the shunt, so I trotted over to do Evan's Corner on the Blocks. This is the most obvious line here: a short but steep, and quite sweet, romp up the central corner. Shame it is so short, as it gives strenuous but positive laybacking with some giant jugs at the top. I then did the E1 5b Blockbuster, past the strenuous crux up to the obvious jug, where the route eases, but my shunt jammed so I had to downclimb. Not easy, to say the least! Did some bouldering, then sauntered up the easy Slab and Crack further right. The low cloud was now clearing to a beautiful evening: it cleared completely as I jogged back to the car at Plas y Brenin in preparation for the Siabod run and wild camp.

No comments: