Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Capenhurst 5k

Race: Capenhurst 5k
Time/Position: 17.07 (22nd from 300 [1st V45])
It is possible that my clueless training for yesterday's 1500m has had some other benefits. I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to middle distance training, and was slightly disappointed by my time last night as a partial result. But, to my surprise, I felt good this evening and recorded my fastest 5k time for a few years on this well-known, prestigious course. I last did it in 2010 when I just dipped under 17 minutes, but I've done lots of races round these lanes and know them very well indeed. It was a bit windy tonight, especially on the tough section out towards Two Mills, but I felt surprisingly good and began to push the pace after 3k and work up the field a bit. Tight in the V45 category, but I managed to finish in first place, again to my surprise: only 13 seconds down on my PB.

No comments: