Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Deeside border league

Race: Deeside 4.6m (Border League race 6)
Time/Position: 27.17 (52nd from 322)
Probably the fourth or fifth time I've done the final border league fixture three days after London. It is never pleasant, but at least this time it didn't count for anything for me (unlike 2016, when it all came down to the last race in Prestatyn). However, Buckley were going for the league title, for only the second time since I've been a member (2006 was the last time I think), along with the Veterans title again. But, in the event, I didn't even score for the team: first time that's happened as far as I can remember. It seemed like I was maintaining a decent speed, in a group with familiar faces, but the reality was that I was well down the field and recorded my lowest finishing position for at least a decade.

No comments: