Sunday, April 08, 2018

Mold border league

Race: Mold 5m (Border League race 6)
Time/Position: 29.26 (35th from 333)
My decline continues, although after last week's ultra and current total lack of speedwork that is perhaps not too surprising. This is the closest I have come in a decade to not even scoring for Buckley! In the event, I squeezed in as the 10th counter: the team is now well ahead at the top of division 1. I was actually reasonably pleased with my time, only half a minute down on the other two measured five milers this season, on a tougher course. I thought I'd timed the race quite well, making up ground to catch Chris and other Buckley runners with a mile to go. I then blew comprehensively on the final incline back through the industrial estate, losing 10 places, something that has happened in this precise spot numerous times before! After the race, I ran home via an extended route through Buckley: combined with a three mile warm up this gave a decent 16-17 mile long run, the last before London.

No comments: