Thursday, April 27, 2023

Moelwynion east

Peaks: Allt Fawr, Moel Druman
Area: Moelwynion, Eryri
It has been so long since I've been up Allt Fawr from the Crimea Pass that I had completely forgotten it. The ridge is delightful, surprisingly well defined, nicely logical. I am guessing that the path is clearer these days - whatever, I enjoyed it and was pleased that the weather was reasonable, cool and cloudy but the tops were clear. There isn't too much climbing above lonely Llyn Iwerddon until the final rise and the views down to Blaenau are interesting. From the top of Allt Fawr, a lovely jog leads past the delightful lakes and pools around Llyn Conglog. I have been this way several times before but usually on long outings and the easy tone disappeared as I ploughed down steeply into the unnamed cwm (the source of the Lledr?) below Moel Fleddiau and Moel Dyrnogydd. It would have been easier to climb the latter than do what I did: descend towards the hidden gorge at the bottom to eventually gain the tiring twisting path that leads back to Crimea.

No comments: