Saturday, May 13, 2023

York parkrun

'Race': York parkrun
Time/Position: 18.22 (19th from 645)
Potentially a very fast course indeed - in fact, probably the fastest parkrun course I've seen. But we were here unexpectedly, I didn't have my proper kit or shoes, and only cobbled it together last minute by way of clearing the head after three very stressful days spent almost entirely indoors! I wasn't at all surprised that it was by far my lowest parkrun finishing position ever - a massive field, quite a number of whom were clearly going for quick times. Essentially it is a lap and a half around the giant York racecourse, all tarmac, with wind the only potential downside. I didn't feel great, running in old style 'flats', but was satisfied enough with another basic speed session, one second slower than Birkenhead last week! Definitely a course to return to properly prepared.

No comments: