Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Prestatyn (BL race 6)

Race: Prestatyn Border League (5.9k)
Time/Position: 20.51 (39th from 309 [1st V50])
Having missed the rest of the season because of my illness, unable to try to repeat my category win of last year, it was a relief to finally get back to border league action on the last race in Prestatyn. I was pleased with the performance too, and felt better than I have in a long time (as opposed to desperately hanging on). That said, I couldn't have gone any faster. The race was an extended version of the parkrun route with a shorter loop at the western end, fairly similar to other league events from the Nova over the years (I remember the crucial climax of the 2015-2016 season here, when it was very close in the V45 category). I went off fast, 3.20/km pace initially heading west, then eased through the gravel near the golf course, then picked it up a little towards the finish.

No comments: