Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Up the Beast

Race: Up the Beast
Time/Position: 44.48 (12th from 105)
There was a time when I had never missed a 'Beast' race, having done every one since it was launched. I have missed a few by now (I swapped it for the Llanrug 5k last year for example) but it is still one of the local fell races I have done most often. As such, I suspect this was comfortably my slowest ever time, but I wasn't too surprised by that in the circumstances. I told myself I would just jog round, but it never quite works out like that, and I probably went a little too hard on the first section through the woods meaning that I was blowing on the Beast and the other climbs. It was much cooler than usual, almost cold at times, and I am never entirely convinced the complex final section through the woods is always the same route! A pint afterwards in the refurbished Miners was a pleasant way to wind down.

No comments: