Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Famau run

A nice acclimitisation exercise on a longer run up to and around Famau from the Collie with Neil: lots of mud throughout, and frequent showers, but very enjoyable and a stark contrast to three weeks in Provence. Relieved to feel OK throughout, because I'd taken a bit of a fall running on the 27th, my final holiday outing in the Esterel, in the remotest part of the range near the nicely-named Baisse de la Grosse Vache. I was exploring a new route from the caravan up the Perthus gorge, then north up the remote valley of Gabre de Gourin to eventually pick up the GR51 where I took a headlong fall during a fastish scree descent. Just cuts and bruises, luckily, given the proximity of Borrowdale and the fact that I hadn't taken water. Still, a slightly painful jog back to the caravan via the Col du Baladou and the Col du Mistral.

No comments: