Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Beast fell race

Race: The Beast (4m/1200ft)
Time/position: 29:40 (6th from 45)

My last race before leaving for the Alps/Provence, so I wanted to do it despite being tired after recent events (and despite two pints of bitter and a heavy meal at lunchtime!). A brief nap before the race helped, and although my legs felt tired throughout I turned in a reasonably pleasing performance. Went quite quickly from Maeshafn through the woods and picked up a few places on the climb up 'the beast' to the Bryn Alyn limestone pavements. Managed to stick with the pace of Simon and Neil, and pulled past them - to my surprise - on the final climb through the Big Covert woods to finish 6th. My second running of this excellent revived event, with a pleasant drink afterwards in the Miner's Arms.

No comments: