Sunday, April 11, 2010

Prestatyn border league

Race: Prestatyn 5.1m (border league race 6)
Time/Position: 30:08 (26th from 225)

My legs felt tired during the warm-up, and stayed that way throughout the race. I extended the Famau run to 12m on Friday evening in delightful balmy conditions and hadn't really had a chance to rest since then. Nice weather, with an easterly wind at our backs for the sprint along the seafront. The positions were more or less established after the first mile, although I picked up one or two places as we followed the loop inland then back round Splash Point. The return leg, into a surprisingly strong wind, was tough. I found myself alone and exposed to the wind, so worked really hard to catch two runners in front. This takes it out of you, although I did manage to pass one more runner before the end. A stronger field than in recent races, so I was a few places down again, although by default I've moved up to 10th senior male.

No comments: