Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Dramont climbing

Crag: Cap Dramont, Esterel
Routes: Mirliton Productions (f4:led), RER (f3+:led), Slab Route 1 (f3+:sol), Slab Route 2 (f3+:sol), Slab Route 3 (f3+:sol), Slab Route 4 (f3+:sol), Slab Route 5 (f3+:sol)

After a rest on Sunday completed an entire week off running and gave my achilles a much needed chance to recover from the Snowdon race and other recent traumas, I enjoyed my favourite 8 mile run from the caravan round the Esterel via the Gorge du Perthus yesterday. Enjoyed so much, indeed, that I did it again at 6.30am this morning with low shafts of sunlight through the eucalyptus woods. The problematic achilles felt relatively good throughout. We then headed off for another family climbing session at Dramont. I led the fun and slabby Mirliton Productions at UK S (done before), which M managed quite easily, and then both E and M followed me up RER which takes the slabby lower arete. Dramont works as a morning summer venue if you stick to the west-facing walls, but RER was in full sunshine and therefore a tad uncomfortable, so we retired to the pool after I'd played around on the simple routes on the delightful slab of superb rough rock above the sea and opposite the Ile d'Or.

No comments: