Monday, August 27, 2012

Moel Famau fell race

Race: Cilcain Mountain Race (5m/1237ft/AS)
Time/Position: 36.37 (7th from 181 [4th V40])
A disappointing minute slower than last year: I could blame a strong headwind near the summit, or unusually heavy going underfoot, but these excuses would be clutching at straws. I initially thought it was my 10th consecutive running of the race, and therefore an anniversary of sorts, but think I must have missed a year - 2004 probably. Even so, the usual good weather failed to materialise this year, and we made our way up in windy and damp conditions. I wore my mudclaws, the weight penalty and consequent slow climb ironing itself out with a quicker than usual descent. I failed to gain more than a couple of places, but did at least find some energy for the final climb back to the finish.

No comments: