Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Barrel race

'Race': Colomendy Barrel Race
Time: 14.14
A reprise of John M's novelty barrel race, last run in 2012, on which I have the dubious honour of holding the record. Took a few seconds off that this year in controversial circumstances (in that I cheated by taking a short cut up the steep steps rather than the road back to the pub: in my defence I would question whether this gives much of an advantage when carrying an empty beer barrel!). From the pub in Cadole, a select band of 17 competitors enjoyed fast running down to the leat. Flat out along this then across the Alyn river to pick up an empty beer barrel of your choice in Loggerheads. No beer dregs leaked out this year! I did, however, end up inefficiently carrying it in front of me like a giant baby again.

No comments: