Sunday, August 01, 2021

Fairy Freckled Cow

Race: Fairy Freckled Cow/Llyn Alwen (11k)
Time/Position: 42.51 (12th from 95 [2nd V50])
This was a little more encouraging than recent races, as I wasn't too far down on my previous times for this great race. I've done it 5 or 6 times, and this year was a little shorter than normal (the dam at the end was not included). I struggled initially towards the far end of the lake, but kept it going reasonably well for the main climb which ascends the lonely hillside from the remote far end of Alwen up towards Mwdwl Eithin. This is always the crux of the race, however, and I did slow a bit for the run-in. I was passed by an Eryri runner, also in my category, who finished 20 seconds ahead. Good conditions today: fairly cool and dull with some light drizzle at times. I came within a few seconds of winning this race a few years ago - no chance of that today!

No comments: