Sunday, April 21, 2024

Graianrhyd-Chester climbing loop

Upping the cycling mileage and elevation given my plans for the year, although I am still deliberately keeping things gentle and modest for now, until I am ready to return to the longer rides. This is because I am conscious that it has been some years - seven or more - since I last did 100 mile days. This morning I concentrated initially on climbing, taking the hideous Horeb climb up Hope Mountain/Waun y Llyn. This is much easier to run then cycle, and I think my pb for running is actually quicker than on two wheels. Even on the lightweight Scott, it was hard work. Down to Llanfynydd, then the shorter but still very nasty climb up to Cae Hic. Then it was along to Graianrhyd and then the superbly enjoyable road to Llanferres: lovely surface, lovely cycling, lovely scenery throughout. Less pleasant through Cadole to Mold, then up to Buckley. From here, I extended the day but reverted to flat terrain, through Saltney to Chester, then back home via Lache Lane: 60k/2800ft.

No comments: