Saturday, May 04, 2024

Levengrove parkrun

'Race': Levengrove parkrun (Dumbarton)
Time/Position: 19.21 (3rd from 126)
Various commitments meant I had to return home after a very short trip, but it had served its purpose admirably as a stress test for the van. After another good night's sleep, I woke to the forecast low cloud, although it was dry and didn't actually look that bad (and I knew that it was better further north) so it was still pretty hard to start driving south. To ease the blow, I had decided to take in a parkrun, and the Levengrove parkrun in Dumbarton was perfectly placed. Beautiful light as I drove along Loch Lomond, with tendrils of mist draping the hills. Levengrove park was very nice too, with the River Leven on one side, and the Firth of Clyde on the other (although where the 'firth' begins and the river ends is debateable). It was all very nice, and I enjoyed the three lap parkrun, although I was a little tired and more than a little sluggish. An uphill drag at the far end of the park was enough to really slow times, but it was very enjoyable, and I then had breakfast before leaving the town. 

No comments: