Sunday, February 07, 2010

Nick Beer 10k

Race: Nick Beer 10k (Llandudno)
Time/position: 37:37 (19th from 540)

A gentle easterly breeze was a help for the climb around Marine Drive, which goes on for almost 5k. Hazy sunshine for this most scenic of road races, with wonderful views down the cliffs to the sea, but a distinctly average performance from me. I went quite well on the climb (19:20 at 5k), then started to pick up a few places as we entered the West Shore, but again my lack of a sprint finish cost me: four runners went past in the final 200m. Possibly slightly tired: did the Famau run on Friday night, and two speed sessions last week. Still, a nice trip and a well organised race. I was 12 minutes quicker than the last time I did it in 2002, when M was a few weeks old and I was somewhat sleep deprived! Out of the prizes this time: 5th v35.

No comments: