Sunday, August 15, 2010

Resolution 10k

Race: Resolution 10k, Finsbury Park, London
Time/Position: 38:49 (2nd from 356)

Given my urgent need to get back on the roads before the forthcoming Welsh 10k championships, I thought I'd enter this one as we were staying in London for the weekend. A strange but enjoyable (and charitable) event: lots of runners, chip timing, but basically a fun run (hence my high finishing position!). The course was pleasant - two laps around Finsbury Park, with a surprising number of hills and a few grass sections, so not particularly fast. A small group of runners took it seriously, and I found myself in second place after 1 or 2k. Had no intention of making myself uncomfortable, so just kept a brisk pace going and used the race as an excellent training session. It was all pretty unusual, a sharp contrast with the usual race-day routine back home, but quite pleasant and relaxed. I'll have to run over three minutes quicker than this in Cardiff though.

No comments: